Consia Consultants offers the opportunity to work in a highly professional competent agency within an international environment. The postings can be of either short or long-term assignments in the one or more of the following areas:
- Education & Training
- Gender, Governance & Equity
- Human Rights
- Human Resource Development
- Institutional Development
- Public Sector Management
- Road Design and Supervision
- Traffic Safety
Employment requirements for Consia Consultants are:
- Academic: advanced university degree (or PhD) ideally within one of Consia’s core sectors
- Professional Experience: preferably international, strong language skills in either English, Spanish or French
- The interest and aptitude to work in developing countries with colleagues from different countries
What we offer
In a developing environment, integrated development programmes occupy a pivotal role. Income enhancement is a positive and important indicator of poverty alleviation to which all development activities are addressed. Certain basic technical and socio-economic criteria can be employed - large scale, reaching the poor, providing easy access to savings and credit services, mechanisms for cost recovery and financial sustainability.
Institutional building is generally heralded as the missing link in development, as a primary objective of aid, and as a necessary condition for sustainable development. Such strengthening is especially pressing at the policy level where complex economic and political trends test the ability of institutions to deliver effective policies. Further, institutional strengthening is directed at the introduction of change programmes based on institutional reforms and renewal.